Ocean city fun!
Since being a homeowner is so expensive, I’ve been trying to find ways to save money. This is what I’ve come up with so far:
1. Using coconut oil instead of shaving cream. Smells great and so moisturizing.
2. Selling clothes I’ve never worn and other things I don’t use on eBay. I started yesterday and made $54.63 so far. I still have 13 active listings, 2 of which have bids and a handful of others are being watched by potential buyers.
3. Using a homemade sugar scrub as an exfoliant. Way cheaper than Proactiv and if it gets my mouth, it tastes delicious. My skin is still clear and way softer. Let’s hope it continues.
4. Mixing one egg yolk with two parts coconut oil for a deep conditioner. I have to rinse at my hair two or three times which isn’t great for my color but I’m hoping it will help my hair grow!!
5. Considering Amazon.com’s Mechanical Turk program but not sure if the pay-off will be worth the time.
And what have I learned from this? Two things:
1. I’ll be a great old lady some day now that I understand the magic of home remedies. Let’s hope I never try using butter instead of toothpaste :-/
2. Coconut oil is fantastic and for only $5 a jar, I can shave my legs, condition my hair, wash my face, and probably a million other things.
Starting my visual training on mondaaaaaay! No more weekends, closings, worrying about totes, hiring, firing, delivering correctives, scheduling, dealing with difficult customers, meetings, wearing a walkie, doing walk-outs, stressing over audits, wondering where the hell the fitting room coverage walked off to, …. Oh my god, I feel so liberated.
omg the leaning Jordan Catalano gif, bless my heart
Tomorrow marks my last official day as a manager. Let’s hurry up and get this shit over with.
Damn you, Florida humidity!
My red hair extensions came in yesterday!!
The “Hello Kitty” Caterpillar
This is the Chinese Bush Brown butterfly (Mycalesis gotama) in its larval (caterpillar) state. To the world’s delight, it looks remarkably like the famous Japanese cartoon cat Hello Kitty with little bumps resembling ears and an incredible design of a cat-shaped face. These cute caterpillars are quite a hit in Japan and are referred to as “hellokittipillars”. But don’t go hugging them too tightly.
I have to go to a wedding tomorrow and I don’t know what to do with my hair :-/